Moving from outside the EU?

• 1 month later...
I note this forum has not be active since prior to christmas but I am also interested in moving from Australia to France but without the British heritage. My family has only Australian passports and as such what difficulties will we encounter staying longer than, say, six months?

Hi tdl...

We are also moving from Oz to France but we also hold Brit passports as well.After three months and before a year you will have to apply for permanant residents...I'm sure someone else on here will give you more info on that but I dont think getting to live in France full time will be a problem for you....[:)]

tbl, do you have Irish parents or grandparents? if so you can get  Irish citizenship and passport which will then allow you to move here.  Take a look at www.foreignperspectives.com which has a section that covers moving to france.  Basically you need either family connections or a job. You will need a visa. If you dont speak any French either learn fast because its different here, you dont get an easy time like new arrivals do in Australia. There's no multiculturalism, its integrate or nothing.

I couple that worked at the same company as me... moved here from Australia 4 years ago. And this January decided enough is enough and have moved back. Between them they made a very decent salary. Certainly more than double of most people I know including my self...

keep in mind that a lot of people who do move here end up moving back inside of 5 years.