Surveillance of French property from UK

Is it feasible - both practically and economically - to set up a security camera at a house in central France and monitor the property (or at least one fixed view of it) from central England? The French house does not have a telephone land line but I wondered if there was, say, a satellite dish option.

If so, any pointers as to what I would need and might expect to pay would be greatly appreciated.

(Bear in mind, if you haven't guessed already, that this question is coming from a complete dunce in such matters.....)

This has been covered before (some time ago - so no chance of finding it).

It is certainly possible via webcams. However, the problems include the insurance implications of leaving the power on whilst you are not in residence, and the likelihood of power cuts, but not having a phone line would seem to be a severe challenge. If you have satellite broadband that would work, but may be costly.

As far as I know, satellite internet connection recieves via satallite, and sends via phone line, so that doesn't help...

(the insurance aspect amuses me - I think there is probably nothing you can do that won't invalidate your insurance, according to "forum wisdom")... 

I too like that idea. Not only for security but when the gardner has said he has come three times and I know darn well he hasn't. [:D]

I have received in the past a junk e-mail on a remote CCTV  a brand name but can't recall what it was, that was run on batteries (therefore, no need to leave electrics on) and could be viewed from a PC in the UK at a very reasonable price. Unfortunately, I must have deleted it and have just done a search on e-bay and was unable to find it. In any case, I do know that this is available.