56k dialup service

Sorry, I don't know anything about Teleconnect France. A lot of French internet packages are tied to a particular phone line, so not a lot of use when moving around. As just about all dialup numbers are 0860, which I understand are always routed through France Telecom and always cost the same, there is little difference between providers in this respect. Best to get a free subscription to a 'pay as you go' service with one of the major providers, then you can connect from anywhere within France. I would suggest Tiscali (now known as Alice) because this is probably the most straightforward to set up manually, without having to use the provider's CD, and can even be set up from outside France as long as you can give contact details in France - could be a friend or relation's address, no problem.

You may be able to do one of the French ISP's PAYG without a contact address or phone number, but most of them want to send you their CD and will only do that to France.

Thanks for the reminder about the www. It seems to be something that happened at the hosting company and I can't fix it until I am back in France with some time to spare, which to be frank doesn't happen too often at the moment. I'll change it for one of the other pages that does work.