Best internet provider

The best for me or the best for you? Do you mean the quickest or the cheapest customer service calls? Do you mean one in English or in French? As you may have guessed this has been covered many times before and is like the "how long is a piece of string" question. You will get loads of answers, all different.

You need to check if you are in an area with possibility of 'dégroupage' in order to know if you can drop FT and their 15€ a month standing charge for line rental, then compare packages.  As the others have shown, there are a few sites that tell you what's available and tell you if you are in a dégroupage area, as well as the basic ADSL test, which you say you know you can get, e.g. try one of these:

DegroupTest.com

ADSL eligibility

Test ADSL d'éligibilité

The drawback of going dégroupée is that you'll lose your phone during power cuts - not good if you're in an area where the power supply is fragile.

30€ a month with "free" telephone calls throughout Europe is commonplace.  All the suppliers are good until something goes wrong, then generally they seem to be bad.  If you do a search for "Internet AND provider" you'll find plenty has been said on this subject already!

hi ,

i live near villeneuve and know a few people who have tried using various ISPs to save money like neuf & cegetel.but all i hear is problem after problem.

i have had wanadoo / orange for over 3 years with v few problems and adsl costs me 25e a month.

France telecom have a shop in Villeneuve where you can get the phone line & internet in one place , take every piece of ID you have ever owned to get connected !

its a shame really that the other operators cant beat the state owned network on service  / reliability as well as price.The market here is some way behind that of the UK.

steve

There are plenty of people who have had problems with Orange.  As I said earleir, they are all fine until it all goes wrong.  Totally agree that customer service is miles behind the UK - and contracts more restrictive.