UK mobile to French land line - deal needed.

My UK land line will be out of commission until the end of the month and I have to rely on my mobile.

I need to phone France (a land line) fairly regularly and would like a 'cheap' deal if possible

Not overly keen on the one I posted the other day (rebtel ?)

Any recommendations please ?

Russethouse,

You don’t say which network your mobile is on, but it might be worthwhile checking if your network has any sort of “bolt-on” for international calling from the UK.

For example, 3 has “Add International Saver” which costs £15 for a month and gives 3000 minutes of calls per month to 23 countries (including mobiles in some countries).  All you need to do is dial 388 before the international number.

This is available on Pay As You Go and Contracts.  Details:  http://www.three.co.uk/personal/on_three_/calling_and_messaging_/talk_/international_saver.omp

You could buy a 3 PAYG SIM and put in an unlocked 2G phone – “3Pay” SIMs cost about £10.

If you are on PAYG you can get “International Caller Bolt On” for a one-off payment of £4.99.  Calls to European landlines from the UK are 7ppm (the same as Mobile World which others have suggested) and calls to European mobiles 30ppm.  Details:  http://www.o2.co.uk/mobilestariffs/tariffs/paygo/paygoboltons0153/internationalcallerbolton

If you are on an O2 contract taken out before the end of April, calls to 0870 numbers should be included in your minutes (you might want to check with O2 before going ahead).  You could therefore use a service like JustDial – dial 0870 794 4195, and during the announcement dial the French number.  The call is routed through JustDial and it could cost you nothing if you’ve got inclusive minutes left.

you could be a real cheap skate and use SKYPE  and all calls are charged at 0.012 per min any where in the world ...only draw back is you need to be at your PC or go and buy a Skype phone , prices start at 9.99 or look on ebay . if you get the end user to use skype then its 100% free 24/7 . we use it all the time as do my freinds all aroud the world

[quote user="La Roche"]you could be a real cheap skate and use SKYPE  and all calls are charged at 0.012 per min any where in the world ...only draw back is you need to be at your PC or go and buy a Skype phone , prices start at 9.99 or look on ebay . if you get the end user to use skype then its 100% free 24/7 . we use it all the time as do my freinds all aroud the world[/quote]

The original poster asked specifically for a mobile to French landline deal because... "My UK land line will be out of commission until the end of the month and I have to rely on my mobile" - so that would mean no internet access... and no Skype.

Danny