I have watched a couple of programmes recently that I have missed but of course I am still in the UK. Someone did post about missing the end of MasterChef last night and I thought they might have been able to watch it on iPlayer until I read the help section

http://iplayersupport.external.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/bbciplayer.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=28&cat_lvl1=4

It does say that they are planning to have an international version some time in the future.

You need to work through a Proxy server in UK

There is a list of them HERE

I briefly tried the last one on the list and no longer got the "s0d off, you're not in UK" message.

I have no other interest in the BBCi site so went no further so you're on your own from there I'm afraid [;-)] 

funny, i just ran into this today for the first time as I had never heard of bbci.

Anyway, I used to have the same problem with Pandora (www.pandora.com internet radio, choose an artist or song and it will play continuous music of the same style by all sort of artists). Pandora closed access to all outside ofthe US due to licencing reasons. You can get round this by running Hotspotshield (www.hotspotshield.com) before  connecting to pandora. I tried this with bbci and it still didnt work. The problem is when using this or othe proxy sites, you need one that is based in the uk for bbci to work, and all the sites i found were everywhere BUT the uk.

If you know how to use bittorrent, sign up to uknova.com to get access to many uk programs.

by the way, i gave up with hotspot and pandora when I found www.last.fm - same thing but less faffing around, just put in an artist and go.

Hi,

The problem with BBCi is that when downloading you agree to share your files on the internet, P2P.  All ISP's have a usage limit 10gb, 20gb etc per month and this is most cases includes uploads as well as downloads.  Before you know it you are over the limit and can be charged quite large amounts for your additional usage.  Check your ISP's terms and conditions for your limit.

Regards

[quote user="tel"]

All ISP's have a usage limit 10gb, 20gb etc per month and this is most cases includes uploads as well as downloads.

[/quote]

Does that include French ones ?   I thought my Orange ADSL had no data limits.  Not been able to find out about any but they may be well buried in small print.

Ian

[quote user="tel"]

The problem with BBCi is that when downloading you agree to share your files on the internet, P2P.

[/quote]

Something Sarkozy's new anti-piracy scheme is going to use to detect people illegal "file sharing" !!  No idea if it will set of the "alarms" and get people warning letters though.

Some Radio internet stations are slipping in "we might use some of your unused upload bandwidth" (e.g. Radio Caroline through their 64k feed via Abacast).

Ian