Wanadoo email problem

Just before I left home on last Tuesday my neighbours PC HD died and I hurriedly fitted a new one for him and did a clean reinstall of XP.

He's subsequently told me he has a problem receiving mail although sending is OK.

I didn't use the Orange/Wanadoo setup CD but set him up in manually in Outlook Express with his details as provided by Wanadoo. All OK so far but he also has a second Wanadoo email address which someone from a local computer shop setup for him some while ago and was the one he normally used and wants to use again but which I don't seem to be able to setup.

I must admit I thought you only got the one address with Wanadoo however emails to both addresses are being delivered to the Wanadoo mail server as they can be seen and accessed via www.web2mail.com 

His base Wanadoo address is, for example: [email protected] which works fine both ways.

His second address is, again for example: [email protected] and it's this one we're having trouble with as OE isn't downloading messages.

I'm sure the answer is probably very obvious but a combination of the factors of being neither a Wanadoo nor OE user nor actually being there (offshore at the mo) mean I'm a bit handicapped so any help would be appreciated.

Orange/Wanadoo have been having major problems with their e-mail systems over the last few days.  A couple of days ago some mails would be held "somewhere" for 24 hrs and bounced back to the sender.  I did some tests and it was over 50% bouncing after a delay.  To make things harder, sometimes the mail would be delivered after a day but also bounce back.  Wanadoo acknowledge these problems.

It is meant to be sorted now and mails to seem to have stopped bouncing but delivery is very "bunched" - in taht sometimes messages will be delayed then a load will come through together.  Seems to depend on which of the mail servers a message is actually delivered to at Wanadoo.

Through all this sending is/was fine.

Might be that your problems may be elsewhere.

Ian

Can have upto 5 email addresses with Orange, as said to download 2 different email addresses to Outlook or OE need to set up 2 accounts ( 1 for each address) both will have different passwords though server details will remain the same.

To change from *****@wanadoo.fr to *****@orange.fr see here:

http://www.orange.fr/bin/frame.cgi?u=http%3A//assistance.orange.fr/2027.php%3Fdub%3D2%26

HIH