ADSL for Direct Debit

I started off paying Neuf by DD from my bank card, then when it came to renew the card, I told them I would prefer to pay by cheque and have been doing it for about 6 months now.

One thing though, it worth keeping an eye out for the web bill, as they do not  always send an email to say the bill is ready to view on my Neuf account and by the time it arrives by post, there's only a couple of days before the due date...

Thanks Clair - at your suggestion we had a quick look at the Neuf website, but at the moment, we can't see a similar deal as far as speed is concerned as  France Telecom. It's certainly given my neighbour something to think about though - and me, I was pretty convinced that she would have great difficulty in finding an ADSL provider who takes cheques and bet her €5 that she wouldn't - I may have to pay up. This is especially hard on me as I never bet money on anything, but I was so convinced.[+o(]

Thanks again Clair

As I remember it, I was very unhappy at having to pay via DD, and I distinctly reading on their T&C that chq payment was indeed available, but I'd be charged €7.50 each time for the privilege...[:@]

Then it came to renewing the card and the Neuf advisor told me that if I preferred to pay by chq, there was no extra charge and he could set it up immediately, which he did do there and then [:-))]

I have ADSL non-dégroupé at €35/month, payable every two months. This includes all tel calls to France and just about everywhere in the world, as long as they for landlines and do not use any special prefixes (0892 el al...). No rental fee, no minimum contract and no major problem so far [:)]

[quote user="NormanH"]One question Clair.

You said that you started with DD and switched to cheque.

Do you think they would accept cheques from the beginning?

[/quote]

It was not offered as an option at the time, but that was 2 years ago or so.

It could be that a consumers' association has pointed out the imposition of payment by DD as unfair practice...?

Assuming you could pay by chq from Day 1, nothing would happen until

1. they post and you receive the contract
  2. they receive your chq and signed contract

That could mean a much longer period of time (possibly without any phone/ADSL) than is usual.