Useful sky box tip for the not so clever

Just found out purely by accident, that if like me you have set up your favourite channels, and use the blue button to scroll through the ones you want to watch and avoid all the rubbish and  non freevview channels.You can also get the "TV guide" to show only your favourite channels, simply press the blue button, after you press TV guide( and 1-10) menu appears.

It actually says it at the bottom of the screen, but neither me nor the wife have figured it out before, and we're both quite techie!!  doh!! god help us.

Apologies if you are clever than us

But not when you're watching a programme.

I had Austar (same as sky but in Australia) and the remote controls were exactly the same as the sky ones. But you could be watching a programme on one channel, then at the same time scroll through to see what else is on, press the i button and get info on any other programme on any other channel at any other time. It was so easy and so useful. No going through other menus and not being able to hear the current programme you are watching. There is no reason why sky can't programme this feature in. Stupid sky. Still what do you expect from a company that thinks football was invented in 1992.

[quote user="LyndaandRichard"]But not when you're watching a programme.

I had Austar (same as sky but in Australia) and the remote controls were exactly the same as the sky ones. But you could be watching a programme on one channel, then at the same time scroll through to see what else is on, press the i button and get info on any other programme on any other channel at any other time. It was so easy and so useful. No going through other menus and not being able to hear the current programme you are watching. There is no reason why sky can't programme this feature in. Stupid sky. Still what do you expect from a company that thinks football was invented in 1992.
[/quote]

You used to be able to do that with UK Sky boxes - until four or five years ago, I think, then an upgrade to the software removed it  - I'm not sure why now. I always thought it was a retrograde step.

I wonder if the forthcoming Freesat boxes will be able to do it

Tim