disconnected phone

As well as our fixed F/T line we have a phone line with our computer, for some unknown reason it has been diconnected,we went to F/T today to report it only to be told. can't help ring this number, the number was the english speaking help line, when we got through we were told to ring another number, which just has a message , as our french isn't up to speed, we were wondering if there is anything we can do ourselves to reconnect, the lady in the F/T shop did say it shouldn't be disconnected and she did'nt know why it was. Any suggestions please.

[quote user="Belle"]As well as our fixed F/T line we have a phone line with our computer, for some unknown reason it has been diconnected[/quote]

Has your line really been disconnected or is it just not working properly?

Have you reset the Livebox - presuming this is what you have?

Failing that have you unplugged everything - including the FT line - paused, then reconnected everything?

I would do this first and then see what happens - occasionally outages happen with little rhyme or reason as to why and it is necessary to reset or reconnect.

Sue

hello sue we have done all that you suggested but still nothing, when we dial this phone from our fixed line, the message says something along the lines numero terminated then she says internet. when we pick the phone up we can hear an engaged tone

[quote user="Belle"]hello sue we have done all that you suggested but still nothing[/quote]

Sorry to hear that; here are some other things to try quoted from the following thread:

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1/1095533/ShowPost.aspx#1095533

quote by Panda:

**...yes the telehone line does go down occasionally and you need to log on to the livebox and re-enable the telephone service.  Orange say that for some reason the service doesn;t recognise your login credentials so by logging in via the live box you are re-entering them.  How to re-enable is in your handbook...**

There are other useful suggestions there too.

Sue

[quote user="Belle"]Sue still no luck .... Sorry about all this.[/quote]

There is nothing to feel sorry about - I am only sorry that you are lumbered with me as everyone else who might know the anwer to your problem is off enjoying themselves.

So to recap, you have the page online where a list of options is shown and the 'phone over internet'  box shows it to be enabled? 

Then try reading the posts on the following thread especially the posts by Jane and Danny.

http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/951369/ShowPost.aspx

There is also a help section, in English, on the equivalent UK Orange site http://www.orange.co.uk/

Failing all else then it might be that your Livebox has developed a fault and you will need to contact Orange and ask for a replacement.

Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Sue

me again sue, the 'phone over internet box' is saying deactivated, have looked on jane and danny thread and all that they were saying to do, we can't find, none of the boxes are showing, anyway please don't worry about us anymore, I can't tell you what a help you have been, thankyou so much for your time, and patience, we are at a loss of what to do next, F/T shop were unhelpful as was the english help line, anyway thank you again

Best wishes ------Belle

[quote user="Belle"]

the 'phone over internet box' is saying deactivated, have looked on jane and danny thread and all that they were saying to do, we can't find, none of the boxes are showing, [/quote]

Sorry Belle I misunderstood your previous post - I thought you were saying that the 'phone over internet' box was enabled. However if the box says it is not activated then I can perhaps talk you through what you need to do to activate it.

Sue

Belle, are you still having problems. If not, then ignore this but if so, I will also try to help. Go back to the livebox cofiguaration page by clicking here http://192.168.1.1/  and put in admin and admin as the user name and password.

You should then see a page like the pictures on this page 

If the 'telephonie par ADSL' line is still 'deactivé' click on modifier to activate it. Can you tell us what come up on the screen after that?

Danny

If I may stick my oar in for a mo?

If you are not happye reading the configuration pages in French then you can change it to English by clicking on the 'Informations' orange box, click on 'Language' and select English...

Then if you go to the Orange U.K. site you can get all of the config info in English..

Hi Sue, and Jane and Danny, just to keep you up to date with our disconnected phone problem, it was the live box, hubby went to F/T and asked for another one, got it, plugged it in, that was Saturday morning, and the phone came back on an hour ago, to avoid anymore stress if it happens again, we are going to darty and enquire about their package, they have an english guy that works there, so hopefully another stressful situation eleminated, in the mean-time, thanks for all your help.