Dial up and Phone providers - help!!

I know I can't get ADSL yet, and so have dial up with France Telecom/Orange, but what I'm really looking for is a cheaper package for dial up and phone - has anyone any ideas or experience of other deals? I need cheaper calls for phoning withinn Europe (Germany and UK).

Thanks

For simplicity we use a France Monde card - you buy it from the Post Office and put credit on it. We usually buy €15. Then using our France Telecom phone we can call all over Europe for what seems to be a very reasonable price.

The system tells you how much credit you have and how long for each call. When the credit gets a little low, you just top it up at the Post Office.

My wife used to use it alot and it lasts us a couple of months between top ups.

We still use it from time to time, even though we now have ADSL and use VOIP for our calls.

Regards - Tim

Although we now have broadband and use Skype we still use the telephone sometimes to telephone our children, one in Canada and one in Germany.  We use a Coucoutel access code which then means you pay a local call rate.  Depending on the time of day I have spoken to my daughter for as long as 25 minutes for 44 cents ttc.  Look at   www.coucoutel.com/    I have programmed the access code into a memory on our telephone and we just press that memory button first and then (after a voice tells you the charge) a second memory button programmed with actual telephone number.  Warning: don't panic as there is a hiatus before the number you want rings, just wait, be patient,: it does work.

Mrs H.

Does  anybody use Jajah to make calls ....they quote France to UK  1.9 pence / min .......from Landline  10. 7 pence / min  from mobile

You connect via going on line  give them your number  and the number you are calling they act as an exchange...your phone rings you pick up and hear the other phone ringing then on answer you make your call ...They text back a dedicated number for you if you use a mobile to save  for the person you have called.......... and next time  you call it up from "contacts " and away you go ......I am yet to sign up with them and would like to hear from anybody who uses them...Their web site  advertises the calls you make from overseas will be at local call rates and loads of other stuff    .....JAJAH    sorry cant put the link on for you.......I am sure sombody will though !  I should imagine you could set up all the people you need to call with their dedicated  Jajah numbers into a mobile easy enough