Orange Espace Client problem

Hi, I'm having problems accessing my Orange internet client account and am hoping that somebody may be able to help please!  Is anybody else having problems or is it just me??

I'm using Vista and MS IE ... up until a couple of days ago whenever I visited the Orange site it defaulted automatically to our internet account, but I was having problems accessing my mobile account.  I created another internet account for a friend to use, and now have to identify which account I wish to use when I visit the site.  Not a problem, but identifying myself is!  Every time I click on 'Identifiez-vous' I get a 'File Download' pop up window (Name : auth_user.wan    Type : orahss.wan    From : kit.orange.fr)  and the options to Open, Save or Cancel.  Again, no problem with this PUW, but when I click Open I'm asked to choose which program I wish to use to open the file, it doesn't matter which program I use, it always thinks for a few seconds then reverts back to the same PUW.  If I chose Save it saves the file, but I have exactly the same problem when I try to identify myself again.  It doesn't matter which account I try to access, the result is the same. 

Although we have an Orange account I've only installed the absolute minimum necessary for wi-fi & the Livebox - none of the other software at all.

I've tried turning off Norton (which I don't like anyway, but having paid for it I might as well use it for the time being [:(] ), but still have the same result.  I've tried all ways I can think of to access our account, but have failed ... help ... does anybody have any suggestions please??

Very many thanks