Skydigibox settings-Netword ID 0000 + Tranpsort Stream 0000 - help

I wonder if anyone can give me some help. I have done a search and read some recent postings re skybox etc. So I hope I am a little further on than I was originally:

I have a Thomson skydigibox which works perfectly. However, I was given a  Panasonic Skydigibox, model TU-DSB31 which I want to take to France. I have plugged the Panasonic into the existing dish etc which I know works. However, all I get is the programme listings and then a message 'no signal recieved'. I have checked the following for the Panasonic:

Signal quality : 70%

Signal strength: 90%

Lock indicator: OK

Network ID:  0000

Transport stream 0000

- - - -

I have checked my Thomson box which works fine and note that the Network ID 0002 and Transport stream  o7d4 . Do I need to get these numbers onto the Panasonic model, if so, how do I get these numbers to show? Or maybe there is something more fundamental I am missing.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for your response and suggestion Will. I have looked at the website and am not sure if its what I need and will read a bit more into it.

I cannt get beyond the TV Guide numbered 1 - 9. When I select number 1 for the TV channels it then says 'waiting for listings' then after a few secs it says ' no signal recieved'. I do know the box has not been used for over 12 months and so I have plugged it in and left it switched on this morning just in case it needs to reboot itself etc.

Again, thanks for your help.

[quote]I have checked my Thomson box which works fine and note that the Network ID 0002 and Transport stream  o7d4 . Do I need to get these numbers onto the Panasonic model, if so, how do I get these numbers to show? Or maybe there is something more fundamental I am missing[/quote]

You cannot input the numbers they are generated when the box is receiving the correct signal. I think leaving it over night is probably the best short term idea.

Your dish is not pointing to the right place. You have picked up the transmissions at S19E degrees which give the French channels not used by your Sky box. Turn the dish a bit further E to get the Astra channels for Sky at S28Edegrees.

The figures you should see are then 0002 for ID and 07d4 for Trasnport stream which should give you the Sky channels you want.

Many thanks for all your comments. I have left the box switched on for 48 hours just in case it needed to 'reboot (?)' itself but still no joy. The numbers for the ID and Transport stream are stil at 0000. So, as you say, I think its a duff. I have to look for another skydigibox to take to France now...off to ebay to see what they have.

Again - many thanks for all your help.

[quote user="Chezstevens"]Try looking up ''rebooting LNB'' or something similar.  I have had this problem with the LNB freezing.  You need to go to another freq, give it a kick then return to your selected freq.  I am using southern beam in Naples.
[/quote]

Thanks Chezstevens, I think what I will do is take it to France when I go and try it there with the 'other' dish (which I also knows works). I can give the dish a bit of a tweak or two as its easy to reach etc and see if this makes any difference to the digibox numbers. Failing that ....I can then (with pleasure) give it a kick.