ZoneAlarm anniversary gift

As seen on http://download.zonealarm.com/bin/free/sum/index.html

"It's our firewall's birthday... and you get the gifts!

ZoneAlarm pioneered the personal computer firewall and our parent company, Check Point Software launched the first comprehensive enterprise firewall 15 years ago. We know how to keep the bad guys out. It makes us proud to know that our firewall protects every member of the Fortune 100, and is trusted by over 60 million people worldwide.

To celebrate, we're offering you ZoneAlarm Pro firewall absolutely FREE!"

• 3 weeks later...
Hope you won't mind my asking Clair but - before I actually install the "offer" version of ZoneAlarm,   I'm just wondering how you're finding it......?

I only ask as the free version is fine,  and I just wonder if I'm going to be bombarded by pop-ups asking me to fully subscribe (or similar).    ZoneAlarm's main irritation (as far as I'm concerned ) is that the pop ups stop you dead from doing whatever you're in the middle of (such as typing passwords) and is quite "aggresive" about it.    Other than that I like it.

I have not noticed much change.

As part of the install, there was a (long) "full body scan" and the pro version just installed over the free version, taking over the existing set-up.

I have the usual permission pop-ups about programs wanting access and the occasional basic warnings about programs like Firefox wanting to monitor my internet usage, but nothing more intrusive than before.

Go for it!