Computer print out

Hi People.

Wonder if somebody can help me, I lost the instruction book for my camera, maybe been packed ready for a possible move the France some time in the next century.

So I bought a CD, of it, when I play the CD I can get pages 1234 but not 567, then it goes to 12,13. I have tried the CD in my other computer and it all works ok.

Yesterday my wife wanted me to download a recipe from the ITV morning programme, again the lap top will print pages 1 & 2 but not page three, I tried it 4 times but got the same results.

Any one got any ideas please. Thank

Colin

Do you mean that your computer reads pages 1-4 then not 5-7 or prints 1-4 then not 5-7?

Are you using pdf or a text file? How is the data stored?

On the recipe, are you sure that the printer is not set to print 'range: 1 to 2'?

If it works on the other computer, how is the setup different?

Hi Dick.

First yes, it reads 1-4 then misses 5-7 then read 12-13 then misses the rest, until 34-37 then again misses until 44-45 then again misses until 78-87. this is pdf.

The recipe as I said prints 1-2 misses 3 then prints 4-5, to me all very strange, this is just a text.

Boyh Laptop and Desk computers are on XP Pro

Colin

Hi Dick

PDF is acrobat, I have two pdf programmes the other is adobe, tried both, when I put the disc in the desk top it worked ok, at first I thought is was the disc, the pages that do not come up on the laptop, on the ones that are missing it says, (error occured when rendering this page, it misses out quite a few pages, like 44 pages. out of 109.

The recipe I have tried every thing I know, I think what I said may be a bit misleading, it prints out the componants of the recipe, then misses out how to make it, there are 11 elements to it, it prints out 9-10-11 but does not print the first 8, then it carrys on printing further recipes, maybe a fault on the ITV website.

Dick thanks for you input.

Colin 

I think your CD is stuffed... I have seen this when an old version of Acrobat can't read something on a file made on a newer version. Might be worthwhile updating Acrobat.

Very simple thing to ask - what text colour is the recipe?

Try highlighting the whole thing and copy - pasting it into Word and then printing it from there. It should work, I've done it many times.

Hi Dick

The CD works ok in my desk top, its just the lap top it does not seem to operate, its a brand new disc.

The acobate is also an upto date virsion was download last week.

The text was black.

I will try the cut and paste, thanks for trying

Regards  Colin

Hi Dick

Thanks for your help, the cut and paste worked, at least she is happy she now has the recipe, all it was was a differant way to cook a turkey, I do not know why, my wife has cooked one each year for the last 42 years, maybe she thought we needed a change.

Happy Christmas.

Colin & Doreen