E mailed from French Dell- they will only communicate in French-- ahh

Dell UK appears to have persuaded Dell France to email me , they asked for an overview of situation. I replied in English and appologised for not  being able to speak French -[8-)] nice reply in English which said he only understood a little English and therefore all explanation /communications would have to be in French - Yikes [:$] would anyone please be prepared to lend a hand and translate the explanation he is requesting. [:D]Pleeeeeze

[quote user="milkeybar kid"]Yes, I agree the fault is all mine,[:$] I am just trying to come up with a solution. Norman H said " But they are bi-lingual. They are based in Montpellier...."in reply in my other post "DEll comes up trumps".[/quote]

ask a nice French person to help you.

Danny

Thank you very much , Norman H. Tomorrow a French man has kindly offered to write to Dell, he  seems to be comfortable with computers. The problems hopefully will show itself so he can write to dell  as he sees it rather than me trying to explain, but just in case its a disaster I might hold you to your kind offer. He laughed when I explained French Dell would only communicate in French , he says "normal, in Spain, Holland , Italy , Gemany, they all speak English but in France they speak only French, with this he puffed his chest with pride, and oh, what a smile.[:D] daft but I could understand where he was coming from, err, if you know what I mean.[8-)]

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, all went well, French Fred e mailed Dell at 10.30 .Whilst he was still at my desktop (having a groan that I should be on the new wimax that is in our area to speed me up!!) Dell replied within 20 mins saying they will send TNT to come and collect . What was funny is that Dell received the email they wanted in French describing all fixes that have been carried out etc, their reply was in English which really puzzled French Fred, the English had been translated to read that the laptop would be kidnapped within 2 days and returned  or replaced within 6 working days- how good is that! True to their word TNT collected it brought their own box and sponge  to put it in ( had to unpack it from my box!) got receipt .  [:D]The bad news is I originally spoke to UK Dell who told me to phone another Dell UK number , I did and got put on hold 20 mins later I put phone down and e mailed instead . Today  just got phone bill that shows that particular call cost us 49 Euro . *ugger.