Problems with Neuf box telephone line

Hi, I keep losing my telephone connection through my Neufbox. It works ok for a few calls then the next time I use it I get beep,beep,beep and then lose the line. If I reboot the box it normally works but sometimes doesn't. Its odd because I never lose my internet connection. Any ideas??

Sorry, can't suggest a solution, only to say that I have a friend who had the same problem.  Never sorted it and changed suppliers, but that didn;t work either because her computer was too old to cope with the new system.  Perhaps some of the tecchies will be along later!

We had "teething troubles" when we first got our Neuf box (18 months ago) but it settled down after about three months.

How's your French? You could try posting on [url=http://www.justneuf.com/Forum-Telephonie-Neuf-f76.html&s=087be0f5613a7196105e1f9adf751141\url]this[/url] forum. Replies and action sometimes come direct from Neuf (now SFR-Corp). Either way, you'll see that, unfortunately, you're not on your own.

I've had a couple of problems/queries dealt with on the Neuf forum and have found it easier and cheaper than phoning the technical helpline.

I have a livebox (Orange) and a live phone and have had exactly the same problems.  I have had to change my modem and it seems to be OK now.  I was extremely doubtful if it was the modem as, like you, my internet connection worked fine.  For us, I think it was the electricity supply cutting out which caused problems.  It can also be if you've had stormy weather.  Both France Telecom & my husband laughed when I asked if it was because of the snow!!!!!  Good luck. 

We had a similar problem, the ADSL appeared to work OK but the phone was intermittent. Phoned Wanadoo as it was then and an engineer turned up 24 hours later. Turned out to be a bad connection out on the street. Routers 'retry' to re-send information it doesn't just get lost. It knows to do this because it gets an acknowledgement packet back, no packet back then it re sends. This symptom can sometimes been seen as slow (but still working) ADSL speed. If you still have an analog phone on the line you might also hear a little crackling sound.