Humax Foxsat-HD setup

I have just bought the above box.Could someone who has the same help me with setup, using TV,and video.Obviously I use the HDMI cable, and I would imagine the scart cable. The manual, under connections section 4 says Note-the component switch should be on RGB when using the Scart cable.Does that mean permanantly, or do I have to change the switch setting when only using TV.  I had thought it would be a simple exchangeof scart and  dish lead from the sky box, plus of corse the HDMI lead.Any help would be appreciated.

Connect the HDMI lead to the tv and the scart lead to the video. Switch should be on RGB. The purpose of the switch is to select either scart or component (three phono sockets). You aren't using the phono sockets so stick to RGB. Section 4 in the manual is an alternative to section 3.

Many thansk for that-up and running. I am turned into the Wales region.At the moment I can't get five or ITV HD- neither listed. According to Freesat website theses should be available.ITV HD not available in Scotland and N. Ireland. Any ideas? Brilliant picture quality.

Five is in the process of being added to freesat, at long last - I believe it has appeared on our Humax but I think disappeared again. ITV HD is not a dedicated channel in the same was as BBC; when an HD version of the programme is being broadcast you should get a message telling you to press the red button to watch in HD.

But there are very few ITV HD programmes - perhaps half a dozen each week, if you are not watching ITV at that time you WILL miss the, I find it a useless system. BBC HD is on the EPG, just press GUIDE and go to channel 108 and you will find the schedules for the next 8 days. There does not appear to any way of predicting ITV HD content.

BBC HD provides about 6 or 7 hours of HD content every day. You can use the the EPG to "reserve" them in advance.

Five is on the Humax EPG - at least it's on mine that I've had since just before Christmas.

As far as the ITV HD system is concerned - in my humble opinion, and the opinion of everybody on the 'techie' forums, it's a pain in the a**e.

Admitedly I rarely watch ITV anyway - ads drive me nuts - but it doesn't work very well. There have been many reports where an HD transmission is scheduled and none appears and no-one seems to be sure when a programme will be broadcast in HD.

A dedicated HD channel such as the BBC one, and, as far as I know, the Sky ones, is a much better option. At least you can see on the EPG which programmes are available in HD.

It's likely, however, that in the future ITV will have to change their current system as it would appear only to be a jibe towards Sky as ITV HD, when it is on, is not available to Sky HD viewers and I can't see it staying that way for good.

If you remember, when Sky digital started, ITV was not even transmitted via the Sky system. For quite some time, there was a channel 103 reserved for ITV but they refused to use it.

We'll wait and see what happens.

Regards - Tim

• 2 weeks later...

As previously stated I am getting good results from the box and now have channel 5. However I do have a problem in that I cannot record to my VHS/DVD recorder. Using an extra scart cable between recorder and Tv I am able to play both video and DVD and dub between tape and DVD.When I set the recorder the normal channel of A1 goes to chanel 00 and I get blue screen. Any ideas?