Ispell and Mozilla Firefox

Does anyone know why I can't add my valued Ispell to the Mozilla Firefox browser?

I have it under Tools in my tool bar when I use Explorer but can't seem to get it loaded on Mozilla. I didn't realise what a comfort blanket it has been for me until now.[:$]

[quote user="WJT"]

Does anyone know why I can't add my valued Ispell to the Mozilla Firefox browser?

[/quote]

An excellent spelling aid but designed to only work with Internet Explorer and no other browsers.

Baz

Thank you for the replies. RH couldn't see how to download the Google one but did go to Clair's link. It isn't as good as Ispell but it does hight light any words that are misspelled.

I only use Mozilla  for Ebay, for some reason when I use Explorer it sometimes becomes very slow. So now when I ask a question I can see if I make any mistakes before sending. I noticed one later that I sent this morning and was embarrassed. [:$] Thank you very much.

Thank you Russethouse. I just downloaded it but I can't see a spell check. I assume it is automatic like the Mozilla one I downloaded from Clair's link.

RH, in fact I think you may have been the reason I learned about my beloved Ispell in the first place. I always fancied myself a good speller until I downloaded it. Just wish there was something I could download that could help improve my typing skills.[:D]

Look to the right of the toolbar for >> if you click there you will see the spell check and language options, plus find and auto fill. I used 'find' recently for my family history research, I just put in the name and it automatically highlighted that word on the page I was searching.....very useful.

It was Baz who first told me about  iespell  so it's thanks to him really.

Like you I wish I could type...some times I work up to two fingers [:(]

Thank you RH, but my Google toolbar is obviously different. When I hit the arrow sign it didn't give me any other options other than to sign in which I did. I did manage to add the spell check on the tool bar but it doesn't work. Now the misspelled words are no longer being highlighted. I will continue to try and see if I can figure out what the problem is.

Edit: Forget the above, it works! Thank you RH!

Is Ispell by any chance a typo for IESpell?

I googled Ispell and it seems to be a somewhat techie piece of software, the description of which went over my head, but it seems to be someting that you build in to the system rather than just run as a simple add-on like the excellent IESpell.

If you did mean IESpell, then the clue is probably in the name, IE=Internet Explorer, so it can't really be expected to work with other programs.

Later versions of Firefox do seem to include a spell checker, see http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/using+the+spell+checker.

If your version does not have a built-in spell checker, then this might help: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=216440&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a