Sky HD with Astra 1

Hi Techies,

I just bought a new sky HD box and dish. Unfortunatly l can only line up on Astra 1 due to a wall in the way[:(]. I have 80% signal and quality strength but when i try to watch Sky, after searching for channels l get 'No satellite signal is being received'[:@]. I have un-plugged and re-connected the box and still have the problem.

So, my question, will my system work on Astra 1 and if so how?[I]

Terry

[quote user="cricri"]So, my question, will my system work on Astra 1[I][/quote]

Erm.........no.

Sky channels are on Astra 2.........a Sky dedicated decoder will only decode the Sky channels broadcast by Astra 2.

Knock the wall down or put ya dish on t'other side......

...    or move the dish sideways.   Dishes do not have to be attached to walls/chimneys etc,  you can - if all else fails - knock a wooden post deep into the ground and more than adequately bodge something in a garden (if you have one) at a point where Astra 2 is visible.

Height is of no consequence provided the dish has a clear view of Astra 2.

But of course you may be stuck if the wall is "in the way" from all points on your property,  in which case height is a better bet.

Although dish size can in certain circumstances help (mild leaf problem for example) if there's no view then you could install Goonhilly Down to little avail.....