Podcasts from the BBC

How can I get podcasts of BBC radio (or even TV ) programmes here in France please? I know it is not possible to use BBCiPlayer but had heard that there are other routes to get them. How do I do this please?

We have the usual TV set-up, free to air programmes via a Sky box, computers and are currently thinking of getting an iPod touch. It is this last item that has triggered my request for info as it talks about podcasts in the blurb. If I cannot get them, then a cheaper iPod is the better option for us.

Could I have ideas, opinions and info in not tooooooo technical language please as otherwise I will not understand it !

By the by: is the iPod Touch really as good as it sounds, or has anyone found problems? It seems a lot of money, appears wonderful but would be an expensive error if not good. Is anyone allowed to tell me, or is it breaking the rules of the forum? If so, then I apologise in advance.

"By the by: is the iPod Touch really as good as it sounds, or has anyone found problems? It seems a lot of money, appears wonderful but would be an expensive error if not good. Is anyone allowed to tell me, or is it breaking the rules of the forum? If so, then I apologise in advance."

Don't know whether this comment will help or not, but a few months ago, we decided it was time for Ipods... We bought 2  Ipod Classics 80Gb (used) from Ebay uk. Lots of these young things with plenty of disposable income are upgrading to the touch/latest  versions and are selling their old ones. Some real good bargains to be had, and 80Gb holds a massive amount of music and film. Really pleased with the purchases and a lot less expensive than the latest technology, so it may be worth considering

Lynda has an itouch and she loves it. Listens to books, music, has tons of apps, the internet is very good on it too. It's very robust too. She's been sanding and grinding rock the past few weeks and although it's been covered in dust, it's still going strong.

I bought a Palm Treo which has windows mobile on. How I wished I bought an iphone instead (which is an itouch with a phone tacked on). Compared to the itouch, windows mobile is like driving a 2cv.

R.