can anyone in plain english tell me the wuick way to check and tune in a free to air box i have just purchased,its a philips free to air box and i installed a new digital aerial in loft and brought a tnt tele,turned it all on but it says no signal.If i plug the aerial straight into back of tv i do get some channels but poor picture evan if moving aerial.

If you have a TNT TV then you do not also need a Free to Air box plugged in as well. If the Phillips Box is a digital or analogue satellite receiver then it needs to be aimed at a goup of satellites. If you post the model number for the Phillips box then somebody can check exactly what it is meant to do.

If you have your French postcode you should be able to check what type of aerial you need and how strong the current if any TNT signal is . In general inside a loft is not a good place for a TV aerial.

http://www.tnt-gratuite.fr/

[quote user="johnycarper"]can anyone in plain english tell me the wuick way to check and tune in a free to air box i have just purchased,its a philips free to air box and i installed a new digital aerial in loft and brought a tnt tele,turned it all on but it says no signal.If i plug the aerial straight into back of tv i do get some channels but poor picture evan if moving aerial.[/quote]

I read on another thread, that there is no such thing as a digital aerial, it looks like you have wasted your money on the box and aerial, get an outdoor aerial fitted and plug it straight into your TV, if your area is capable of receiving the signal.