French laptop in UK

When a say landlord, it is actually 'a company' who owns many student properties in the area, The Landlord passed the mac details somewhere who then texted with the code, and yes in their particular house they all have the same code, if it doesnt work it doesnt appear to be their concern! In processing of rechecking mac codes and inputs. But as many will know srudents dont have time for this or to find jobs or to sort out other administrative problems!!!!!!!

[quote user="Albert the InfoGipsy"]Derek wrote: I can't see the relevance of a MAC code in this circumstance. The MAC code is (must) be issued by a UK Internet Service Provider if you wish to switch ISP

href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Migration_Authorisation_Code">See here

Derek,

I think in the context it's pretty obvious that what is being referred to is the MAC address (network card ID).[/quote]

I thought I'd already recognised this later in  this thread.

[quote user="Lollie"]When a say landlord, it is actually 'a company' who owns many student properties in the area, The Landlord passed the mac details somewhere who then texted with the code, and yes in their particular house they all have the same code, if it doesnt work it doesnt appear to be their concern! In processing of rechecking mac codes and inputs. But as many will know srudents dont have time for this or to find jobs or to sort out other administrative problems!!!!!!![/quote]

From the description that you have given, I would say that EITHER your son inadvertently gave an incorrect MAC address, OR else it has been incorrectly transcribed by whoever is putting the details into the system: it looks like the WiFi router is being managed remotely.

regards

Pickles