Does your telephone work like this?

Our telephone/answering machine has finally fallen apart and we have discovered that its replacement has one major drawback.  We use Telerabais for most of our longdistance calls and with the old machine we were able to find the Telerabais number in the repertoire, press the button, wait for the voice message,  page down the 'repertoire' until the desired contact number was reached and then just press a button to be connected.  But with this machine, when Telerabais answers you have to press a button and then enter the required number manually (with all the international dialling code which makes it quite a palaver).  Does anyone have a cordless telephone (two handsets), with a directory holding at least 50 numbers, plus an answering machine, which works like our old one used to?  If so, could you please tell us the make and model number - it's something which is very difficult to establish until you've actually brought the whole caboodle home and tried it out!

Many thanks

Val

I have just had the same problem after buying new phones, in the end I changed to the sister company of telerabais (telesoldes) so that I could prefix each of my international numbers with their 4 digit code. It works although it's a bit long winded entering all the numbers for the first time.