Help... how do I open a zipped file?`

According to the Photobox site they do accept zip files so I don't know why it is refusing yours.

They do however only accept photos in .jpg or .jpeg format so if your zipped photos are in any other format, such as TIFF, GIF, PNG, Jpeg2000 or PDF then that could be a reason.

Where did the zip file come from. If someone sent them to you check that they are in .jpg format or maybe ask for them to be sent again individually, there is no size benefit from zipping .jpg files as the are already heavily compressed.

In amy case, if you have Vista you do not need a 3rd party programme to unzip files, just right click on the .zip file and follow instructions.

Thanks for your help. The files are photos - .jpg - which arrived by email already zipped. 222 photos and 9074KB'sworth. They are in my documents, but when photobox asks me to find them, they're not there! Now, if I can figure out how to unzip them, will they suddenly appear or should I just pluck them out one at a time.

Actually, I don't know why I'm even bothering as they are not even interesting piccys - lots of dubious looking guys playing with their boules at a concours de petanque.

Richard, I've saved them in my documents and when Im in photobox, the panel at the left shows all my other docs but not the zipped ones. I have telecharged a couple of piccys one by one and they arrived unzipped. God, this is driving me nuts.

AnOther..... coquin!