Alice ADSL for me is a complete nightmare.

This year I have had several occasions when it has been impossible to get online.

After spending considerable time on the phone, the ‘technician’ realised that the connection was down due to ‘adjustments’ at the exchange.

I also have an Alice phone which stopped working two days ago, after another lengthy call; Alice explained that due to the merger with Free, I would be without a phone connection for a few days.

I have asked for a reimbursement, some hope.

It would have been nice if Alice forewarned me in advance.

Customer service I rate as 0.

As soon as I can, I will change to another ISP and good riddance Alice.

I plugged in my AliceBox yesterday evening on return from yUK.

Box immediately went into MAJ mode starting to update the flash memory.

Version on a Sagem 3302 jumped to No 12, still no VOIP, rebooted Box with the ultimate paper clip method.

VOIP telephone OK; but Email not connecting; tried via WebMail, no dice.

This morning all hunky dory; mantra if you have problems it is Alice and rock all to do with the 7 Micosoft Security Updates on Second Tuesday.

Apparently according to the C-Alice Forum, there was a Version 11 that did not work on Sage F@st 3302 Boxes.

Yes all down to Alice in my opinion.

I wrote to them, in good French, some months back explaining their disconnections at will were unsatisfactory. I received a standard letter that my case would be looked into and I would receive an explanation within the following 14 days.

Well they did not reply, so I wrote again, detailing all my problems.

After a long wait, they wrote a brief note asking me to call 1033! Did they not read my comments? Why could they not pass on my problems to all concerned? 

Well now it has been 60 hrs + without an Alice phone, no further word from them as expected and unknown to me when I will be reconnected.

As I wrote earlier, I rate Alice customer service as zero.

OK but you must help yourself!

Have you actually updated your AliceBox.

Have you got the latest Version as like:

Modèle Alice Box F@st3302 (v1)
Adresse MAC *********
Version du logiciel 2.0.12
Démarré depuis 1 jour, 19 heures
Redémarrer le modem

The right one is Version 2.0.12 if you have Sagem ModemRouter

And Version 2.0.11 for any other type of ModemRouter.

Whilst in your normal browser click on:

http://192.168.1.1/pub/wan.cgi

If you get a log-in Pop-Up just enter User alice and Password alice.

If you still have Version 2.0.10 then click on Rédemarrer le modem on your screen Admin Window or just go up 6 lines and click on the purple activated Redemarrer le modem.

The update will take 5 minutes or so....during this period do not use the computer.

After all is over check the Alice Message service to see if the VOIP telephone is OK.

All you do is press in succession the following keys on your phone *123

Pachapapa.

Thank you for your advice

My modem is working and up to date., internet connection and emails are working for the time being.

It is my Alice phone service that has been disrupted as described earlier.

Quote:‘I must help myself’  Should I have to? After all I am paying Alice for a ‘service’.

Well the only way I think I can do that is by taking a few kilometres of cable along with some tools and connecting the line from chez moi to the terminal.