Eithernet or Wi-Fi?

[quote user="Sunday Driver"]

I have my router plugged into my telephone socket in the hall.  I have my WiFi enabled PC in the basement and my WiFi enabled laptop for use anywhere in the house/terrasse/veranda.  I have an 8 Mega Orange account.

My setup is fast and stable with no difference in performance between the two computers.

[/quote] Hmmmm I dream of 8 meg..... And why do my quotes alway turn into rubbish??

[quote user="RicandJo"][quote user="Sunday Driver"]

I have my router plugged into my telephone socket in the hall.  I have my WiFi enabled PC in the basement and my WiFi enabled laptop for use anywhere in the house/terrasse/veranda.  I have an 8 Mega Orange account.

My setup is fast and stable with no difference in performance between the two computers.

[/quote]

Hmmmm I dream of 8 meg.....

And why do my quotes alway turn into rubbish??[/quote]

Its secret [:P]

Something like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-F5D4071uk-Poweline-Adaptor-Twin-Pack/dp/B00193PS3Q/ref=pe_15511_18687241_as_img_1/ could help you to stay with ethernet. All you need to be on line with this is for the socket that the remote is pluged into is on the same phase as the one plugged into your Livebox. Over here that could be important as some houses still have a 3 phase supply. Normally this is not a problem for the majority on single phase.

Advantage, it cuts the need for any extra wiring between rooms, even to outhouses.