Computer keeps disconnecting from router

Ok, am after some more ideas.

My girlfriends netbook running Windows 7 keeps dropping off the internet. She has a Belkin wireless router and every so often it just disconnects from it, making her slightly annoyed.

I've updated the routers firmware, downloaded the latest driver for the onboard wifi card, I've disabled the virtual network card to see if that was interfering with things and the latest thing I have done is to change the channel on the router.

She is using WPA2 security.

If the channel changing doesn't work either, what's the next step?

My laptop running Vista is having no problems at all staying connected and she has a couple of other laptops which are connected fine to the router too, all running xp or vista.

I have also just found a setting that turns the wireless connection off to save power, could that have been the problem? Seems a bit odd as it normally goes off when she's using the computer.

Anyway, have switched that setting off to see if it makes a difference.

2 things spring to mind.

1) wireless connections are more prone to drop if the netbook battery is running low, saving power as you have already found..

2) Belkin stuff is fine as long as it's used with other Belkin kit.  It does sometimes have a problem connecting to other makes of hardware.  Mostly its OK but sometimes it just refuses or drops out as you describe.  You can sometimes get round it for a while by going into Network settings / support on the netbook and hitting the Repair button.  If you can, borrow another wireless router (preferably Netgear or Linksys) and see if you still get the problem