humax foxsat hdr

[quote user="devilsadvocate"]

It's not clear in the original query whether the OP has a single/dual/quad LNB.

To use the Humax to its full capacity (record one channel whilst watching another) you need a dual LNB and twin cables from the dish to the Humax. If you have another Sky box elsewhere in the house then you'll need a cable for that too and a quad LNB. you can either run another cable alongside the exisitng one or replace the original with "shotgun" cable (if the cable length is 20 metres or less) by attaching it to the old cable and pulling it through, which is what I did.

Great piece of kit when it's set up and working.

There are, as Dog says, some channels on the Sky box which are not on the Humax, (none that I would watch though), but on the other hand you get the 2 HD channels, BBC and ITV. The World Cup will be broadcast in HD for all you footy fans!

DA

[/quote]

Not necessarily........To use the box to it's full potential and record two channels simultaneously you need to connect two satellite inputs.  You can however have it record one channel whilst you watch another by looping the LNB out back to the second LNB in........no idea what the difference is but that's what the destruction book says!

Just to clarify I'm talking about this box:

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10076&cat=Factory

[quote user="RicandJo"]To use the box to it's full potential and record two channels simultaneously you need to connect two satellite inputs.  You can however have it record one channel whilst you watch another by looping the LNB out back to the second LNB in........no idea what the difference is but that's what the destruction book says![/quote]It can only work - and then only to a limited degree - if the two channels were in the same frequency band, Hi or Lo, and on the same polarity.

See HERE for more info and also a list of channels you can use simultaneously with one feed.

Well, after waiting 3 days, and 30 seconds to plug the box in.... heh presto.. all works... hd, good front end, and no sky news.  Who could ask for more.

Re: the below.  it seems to suggest that you can watch and record pretty much all major channels (if you consider bbc1 london without the aid of another cable).  That is a bonus!! although I have not tried it yet.

See HERE for

more info and also a list of channels you can use simultaneously with

one feed.

One small thing is that with sky.. you could scroll through your favourite channels with one button(blue) and see the current showing + later ones with right button.  It seems with the humax that the only way is by several button presses....