Phone plug / socket.

I am sure that I read a post saying that something like "Modern installations must have an RJ11 socket for teh phone". Now I can't find it, question 1 is.... Am I going mad?

Question 2 is, how mad am I going?

Question 3 is, Is the big bulky thing that keeps falling out of the wall, being replaced? Can I put an RJ11 socket in and then wire everything from that in a similar manner? (I'm tempted to glue a french plug to it's socket and connect that to an RJ11 socket from which everything else works without falling out when the neighbours cat f*rts).

Yeah there was a thread about something like that but it was mostly a lecture on RJ 45s in office blocks in the UK.

But in essence the application of the FN C 15-100 to a domestic situation currently only applies to a new build or an EDF connection involving a Consuel.

The requirement for non installation of the funny french plug only started this year and in fact refers to an RJ 45 socket.

Now before a mad rush to the keyboard....YES....one does know that these sockets are on PCs, Liveboxes etc...AND are the backbone of Local Area Networks all over the world.

BUT the RJ 45 socket I are rabitting on about in nutty euphoria is a socket wot does a triple whammy wiv telivizion, telifone & PC datae.

When you see the price of RJ 45 sockets......dont fret just super glue it.[:)]