Phone Leads

Not wishing to leave behind my D.E.C.T. telephone and answering machine when moving to France, I bought a B.T. type MASTER TELEPHONE SOCKET at a MAPLINS store in the U.K. and connected it to the French telephone socket (just two cables) the connection instructions for the socket are on the reverse of the pack.
I now have the use of my U.K. phone and my U.K. modem cable connections.

Regards
Tel

Most shops selling phones and computers sell the leads as a seperate item in there spares section. These plug into the back of computers, faxes and phones. My experience was that there is no problem with computers and faxes. My UK bought ones worked first time. however with phones the position was different. I could use a UK phone to ring out on OK however the phone would not ring on incoming calls. I was told the ringback circuit is different in France.

Patflan

lizaixi
Hi, You-All
We bought a French phone, including a 'free' doobery thinggie to see who is/was calling, which goes between the phone and the socket, the phone plugs into this. As the phone end of the extension lead has a normal jack, this is now plugged into the back of my PC - job done. And the phone only cost around FFr120 all in. This was at Carrefour in St Junien (Charente), and presumably must be available elsewhere as it was not an 'own brand' - Try it!
Lizaixi