Internet/line rental

I wonder if we might be paying too much for phone line rental and internet service from fr/orange. The phone line rental is €32 every two months and the internet €26.46 per month. I've looked for cheaper packages to combine the two, but there doesn't seem to be one. We don't need or want TV, just the line rental (we make very few phone calls on the landline, preferring to use voip) and internet. We would prefer to stay with Orange as we have heard such horror stories from friends who switched to other providers. Any ideas?

Patrick

I think you'll find that the phone rental is €32 every two months.

Orange do a Formule Net Plus where you don't pay a line rental and use the internet for phone calls (no FT phone). Good if you trust your Orange connection but we still have the landline because the aged phone lines give an unpredictable internet connection (much better with the latest Livebox)

If you want to keep your FT line rental at 32 euros for every two months, then the cheapest ADSL from Orange is Découverte Internet at 21 euros per month.

http://abonnez-vous.orange.fr/residentiel/forfaits/decouverte.aspx?idnode=110414005

You do not need to use a livebox - rented at 3 euros p/m or otherwise - you can use any compatible ADSL modem/router.

There is no guarantee that it is available on your phone line though.

Danny

[quote user="JK"]I think you'll find that the phone rental is €32 every two months.

Orange do a Formule Net Plus where you don't pay a line rental and use the internet for phone calls (no FT phone). Good if you trust your Orange connection but we still have the landline because the aged phone lines give an unpredictable internet connection (much better with the latest Livebox)[/quote]

The Orange offers are now called Livebox Star (without FT line rental) and Livebox Zen (keeping the FT line rental).....

Danny