Humax Foxsat: is video transfer to USB possible?

[quote user="Steve Last"]I would put money that the answer is "No" but has anyone found a way to transfer TV video recordings onto a USB so they can be viewed elsewhere e.g. on laptop or tablet computer? Steve[/quote]

The answer is yes, using VLC media player. Except encrypted HD programmes.

You can also view the media files on your network (if you have one) - see here

Thank you, I see that will play the video files, my question is actually more of a newbie one, when I view the file manager on the Humax box it doesn't allow me to copy video files so the issue is how do I get the recording off the Humax hard disk onto the USB stick? I looked at the answer on the link you gave but couldn't really follow what it was telling me at this stage.

It's a FAT32 8GB usb stick with a few JPG images to try. The Humax recognises it and I can show the images on the TV though they are shown as being in a folder that is not actually on the drive. Video recordings listed on the hard drive however shown with all the edit possibilities except "copy" which is greyed out.

You have to create a folder on the USB stick.

Using file manager, navigate to the USB drive, then using the BLUE button create folder.

Once created click into the folder so it is open.

Then navigate to the file you want to copy and select it, now you should be able to copy it by pressing the GREEN button.

That should do it - I hope!