Tv on demand with Humax Foxsat HDR

Hi Folks

Posted on here before on which HDR to buy and bought and connected to my old sky satellite dish .What a smashing piece of kit the Humax is,so easy to work and record etc .I had just one problem on how to copy films to an usb and watch them on the Humax ,if the humax foxsat could read all formats life would be so easy but i over came that doing a web search and now it is possible ,takes a wee bit of time but possible.

But my question is this and i think the answer is No.Is it possible to watch the Tv on demand using my internet connection in France?

[quote user="Puca"]

But my question is this and i think the answer is No.Is it possible to watch the Tv on demand using my internet connection in France?

[/quote]Yes, with the aid of a proxy server (I shall resist the temptation to call it a poxy server as I normally do since somebody always thinks I really imagine that's what they're called).  Put "Expatshield" into the search box on here for a lot on this subject.[:)]

EDIT : Can you use an SD card for data transfers with the Humax?

There is no SD slot on the humax - maybe it is possible to use a USB card reader something like this one here and put the SD card in that.

At the moment, ITV player works fine here in France but the BBC Iplayer service is restricted due to the foreign IP address. Expatshield is great for use on a computer but I have not found a way to use it with the Humax.

If the computer and the TV are both equipped with HDMI/DVI and the video

card supports it, one can just use the TV as an extra (large) monitor.

Access to BBC Iplayer is possible via a computer linked to the Humax by ethernet cable but by using a different (normally paid for*) proxy server with a UK IP address for which you have all the settings to enter into the Humax and the computer.

see here

Danny

*unless you have access your own (or someone else's!) computer and broadband in the UK and are able to set up your own proxy.