Windows toolbar

At least I think that is what it is called, the thing that was at the bottom of my screen with icons for starting internet explorer etc.

I was dragging an icon to a different position and now the whole thing is at the top of my screen and I cant work out how to get it back.

Dont know what version of windows it is, the latest i think as the portable is only a few months old.

I will reboot in a minute which may perhaps resolve it, if not any ideas?

Editted.

Sorted now, I found how to change it under properties, I am at a loss to explain how it got bumped up top though

For a near new machine there are really only three possibilities, well two in truth as I don't think anybody still ships Vista, so that means Windows 7 or Ubuntu Linux. In any case whatever it is will be in your face by name every time you boot the machine !

[quote user="Chancer"]

No not being obtuse, computers arent my bag, if windows 7 is the latest, or was the latest a couple of months ago then I assume that is what I have.

I have no idea of how to verify it, perhaps you can tell me how?

[/quote]

Check version of Windows

To see your computer details: Start button > Panneau de configuration > Système et Sécurité > Système

[quote user="AnOther"]

For a near new machine there are really only three possibilities, well two in truth as I don't think anybody still ships Vista, so that means Windows 7 or Ubuntu Linux. In any case whatever it is will be in your face by name every time you boot the machine !

[/quote]

Ah so you were right, someone is being obtuse!

Tried booting the machine and on boot up it says "Demarrage de windows".

I followed Claires instructions and it is Windows 7 version familiale.

Do you really find it impossible to comprehend that someone may not have known?