Accessing Internet from France via UK router

Can I and if I can how:

Obviously I can log in to my router in the UK using its address but can I login to the UK router from my French Internet connection and then access sites from the UK router.

Specifically, login from France and access TV on demand services so that those services see a UK IP address.

Do you mean router, as in homehub/livebox? If so, surely when you connect your UK router to your French internet connection, it becomes as if a French router with a French IP address.

Your router will not connect to your UK ISP (btbroadband or whoever), from your house in France. Not unless you have a v-e-r-r-y long cable.

Or am I being stupid here.

Create a VPN between both routers (if supported) can do this trick, but that is not simple. If possible and properly configured the 'French' side of the VPN will get the IP address from your British router and you connect to the internet through the British router. A livebox can do this, but the standard setup is with another livebox.

[quote user="PaulT"]Can I and if I can how:

Obviously I can log in to my router in the UK using its address but can I login to the UK router from my French Internet connection and then access sites from the UK router.

Specifically, login from France and access TV on demand services so that those services see a UK IP address.[/quote]

I suspect you will need something like https://secure.logmein.com/ , not cheap but there must be others out there.

Edit: re-reading your post "login from France and access TV on demand services so that those services see a UK IP address". Why would you want to do this when it's possible to do it from France anyway?

[quote user="PaulT"]Yes, basically Livebox France to equivalent of Livebox in UK with the intention of accessing on demand TV from France but not being blocked because of a non UK IP address.[/quote]

I'm still not sure what the benefit would be? Why not just use something like CyberGhost (http://cyberghostvpn.com/) when you are in France. Choose a UK IP address and watch as much UK TV as you wish. Choose the free version which I find works exceptionally well.