E-mail from Free???

I am fairly sure that the e-mail that I had fron Free yesterday is a scam and a fairly good one at that. I have replaced the '.' in the link with 'dot' to make sure it doesn't 'click'. Anyone else had one of these?

Cher(e)

abonné(e),

Veuillez

trouver en pièce jointe votre facture mobile

du

15-07-2014, d'un montant de 2.00€ pour la ligne 06 0X XX XX XX.

Vous

pouvez à tout moment désactiver la réception de votre facture par email

dans votre espace abonné :
http://mobile

dot free.fr

Nous

allons prochainement basculer l'envoi des ordres de prélèvement de

vos factures Free au nouveau format de prélèvement bancaire
européen

SEPA. Vous n'avez aucune démarche à accomplir, l'autorisation de

prélèvement que vous aviez signée demeure valable pour le
prélèvement

SEPA.

Sincères

salutations.

L’équipe

Free

--

Free

Mobile - SAS au capital de 365.138.779 Euros - RCS PARIS 499 247 138

-

Siège

social : 16 rue de la Ville l’Evêque 75008 Paris

<Freemobile_060XXXXXXX_15-07-2014.pdf>

Note that my name has not been used. I will contact Free and ask them.

Edit: Links removed by a mod

I hate the way that French companies don't put a name on their e-mails. The strange thing is that I have had an account with them since April and this is the 1st e-mail from them since then. It sounds like 3 months free Free?

I couldn't see any gain either, but I am paranoid about opening attachments I'm not sure of, but on opening this one, after reading you kind replies, it is just a reciept for the grand sum of 2€..

Ta folks [:D]

[quote user="Jonzjob"]

I couldn't see any gain either, but I am paranoid about opening attachments I'm not sure of, but on opening this one, after reading you kind replies, it is just a reciept for the grand sum of 2€..

[/quote]

That is the whole point, an email you don't expect with a link is all it can take to seriously upset your day/week/month.  There isn't necessarily a gain apart from infecting a PC although installing a trojan is just as likely to harvest data later on. 

Oh hang on I didn't agree did I, I had a point of view. Sorry it's all luvely, no problems, no worries

[quote user="Théière"][quote user="Jonzjob"]

[/quote]

That is the whole point, an email you don't expect with a link is all it can take to seriously upset your day/week/month.  There isn't necessarily a gain apart from infecting a PC although installing a trojan is just as likely to harvest data later on. 

Oh hang on I didn't agree did I, I had a point of view. Sorry it's all luvely, no problems, no worries

[/quote]

oooooooooh bitchy.