orange livebox tv

Hello all,

I have just got Orange TV via Livebox ADSL. I have managed to get internet, telephone and TV connected but Orange TV is showing that I don't have access to any actual broadcasting channels? it shows indisponible on each of the channels.

I am right in thinking that I do not need a satellite to get channels as they are coming through my ADSL line? anybody got any suggestions please?

Orange have two 'boxes' for TV, one for satellite and the other for ADSL. You need to look at the instructions or as we used to say RTFM.

Alternatively you could have a look at the following link.

http://assistance.orange.fr/internet-haut-debit-adsl/television-installer-installer_tv.php#

You should be able to work out via the pictures which one you have. It will also probably tell you on the box.

I have both livebox and tv box. I have managed to sync the tv with the livebox and can get all the menus for all the different services but when I click on the 'chaines TV' link it then shows a screen with 25 different TV pictures which I assume are channels I should be able to get and each picture says they are indisponible. If I then go back to the main menu and select 'enregistreur TV' it says 'Vous n'etes pas abonne a l'option entregistreur TV'. I have checked all cables as shown in the user guide they sent and on Orange website and cannot see what I am doing different?

In order to establish if your Orange TV service is supposed to be delivered by ADSL or by satellite, you can check on the paperwork or emails to see the exact name and details of the service.

If that does not tell you anything, you can tell us the model number of the TV box. If you can't find the model number on the back or underneath then you should be able to tell which it is from the images here.

http://assistance.orange.fr/les-guides-d-installation-et-d-utilisation-de-la-tv-d-orange-1660.php#1

Danny

[quote user="patsy"]I have both livebox and tv box. I have managed to sync the tv with the livebox and can get all the menus for all the different services but when I click on the 'chaines TV' link it then shows a screen with 25 different TV pictures which I assume are channels I should be able to get and each picture says they are indisponible. If I then go back to the main menu and select 'enregistreur TV' it says 'Vous n'etes pas abonne a l'option entregistreur TV'. I have checked all cables as shown in the user guide they sent and on Orange website and cannot see what I am doing different?[/quote]

Are you aware there is an English speaking helpdesk at Orange? I think it may be much better if you call them tomorrow. Use the link below for their phone number. As an Orange user it is free from your landline.

http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance/cs/forums/1801254/ShowPost.aspx

Its just thats it's easier to talk somebody through it 'live' than try and do it via the forum.

You might also ask how you can change the "Langue originale" so you can watch and English language program in English and not dibbed itnot French if you want.

I have an Orange livebox and TV decoder and receive TV via satellite. If you select registration in the TV menu you are told you haven't got an abonnement for the Orange TV and are invited to sign up on the espace client on the net or pop into a shop. In other words it's a paid service just like Sky subscriptions.

[quote user="Kong"]I have an Orange livebox and TV decoder and receive TV via satellite. If you select registration in the TV menu you are told you haven't got an abonnement for the Orange TV and are invited to sign up on the espace client on the net or pop into a shop. In other words it's a paid service just like Sky subscriptions.[/quote]

You are partly right and party wrong. Just like having a Sky box and pulling the card out and you still receive FTA programs the Orange system is somewhat similar. The only difference in France is that all satellite TV is encoded be it free or pay to view and a card is required. If you buy a decoder in a Brico it will come with a card. For Orange you have to pay a one off (45 Euros I think mine was) refundable fee for the card which comes separate to the Satellite decoder. However I have no idea if a card is required for the Orange ADSL decoder and don't have the time to look but I have seen a SFR version and that does.

Orange also offers film channels, sports channels, some Canal + channels etc which you do pay for and if you don't and go to the channel then it will give you a message telling you that you need to buy a subscription. You can also rent films for a 'one off' charge per film, about 2,70 if memory serves.

So providing you have the card you can watch free of charge France 2, 3, 4 etc just like with normal terrestrial TV.

The English speaking Orange helpdesk will be able to tell her what she has got and can look to see if it is configured properly and if there is a problem via a remote link and speaking to her which is why rather than trying to do this over the forum I strongly suggest she gives them a call.