Satellite receiver box and quad lnb

We are looking to purchase another satellite receiver and quad lnb to power the new and our existing Panasonic receiver.

I have narrowed the search to a Humax HDR 1100s box and an Inverto Silver Tech 0.2db Quad lnb.

I would be interested to hear comments from anyone who has either of the above or is aware of their quality.

Thanks.

Not exactly the same but we have an Inverto Black Ultra twin feed -

Inverto IDLB-TWNL40-Ultra Black UltraTwin noir -

and it is excellent.

So much so we were able to abandon our previous, ugly, round 60cm dish and have a sieve-like oval 45cm (Italian) dish with no loss of reception.

There are better and more expensive lnbs out there I am sure but Invertos seem to get good press. Though OH, who fitted it, said the feeds were v close together and it was fiddly to fit the connectors to them because of that.

Sue

Thanks for the response and the heads up Sue re the terminal connectors, forewarned is forearmed so to speak.

Inverto do appear to receive positve recs on a global scale. The only two negatives I've come across were where the LNB failed to work. I suspect the reason for that could have been that they bought themselves a Quattro when they required a Quad or vice versa. Both are totally different devices.

Cheers

cajal

Hi Caj I have a Humax box in the UK and I have had no problems with it and would not hesitate to buy another. You do need a twin lnb for the two inputs so that you can watch one chanel and record another.

I have an inverto twin lnb in the Perigord noir on the edge of the satalite footprint which feeds a Panasonic TV and it works very well.

In my oplnion both good pieces of kit.

[quote user="pip24"]Hi Caj I have a Humax box in the UK and I have had no problems with it and would not hesitate to buy another. You do need a twin lnb for the two inputs so that you can watch one chanel and record another.

[/quote]

Exactly. I'm expecting a rumble with my sparks, who has installed all the electrical/media conduit during our alterations, as he is saying for the set up we want we will need a splitter and I'm saying we won't except for french tv from an aerial.

[quote user="pip24"]I have an inverto twin lnb in the Perigord noir on the edge of the satalite footprint which feeds a Panasonic TV and it works very well.

In my oplnion both good pieces of kit.[/quote]

We are going for quad - 2 for a Humax HDR and 1 for our basic 15 year old Panasonic leaving one spare for possible use at a later date.

Thanks again for your response and recommendation.

I have used a splitter in the past - catastrophe.

Lasted about 6 months each before going kaput. I then decided it would be better and cheaper to go from a 4 to an 8 port lnb - best decision I ever made regarding electrical and electronic goods.

I too am happy with Humax - albeit different models to the one you quote.

Thanks for the response and positive comments.

[quote user="andyh4"] I then decided it would be better and cheaper to go from a 4 to an 8 port lnb - best decision I ever made regarding electrical and electronic goods.[/quote]

By the way, I'd be interested to know what sort of kit you are running off an 'octuple' lnb.

2 feeds to Sky +HD box

2 feeds to Humax 11008 box

2 feeds to ancient but still functioning Humax box from around 2004 vintage

2 feeds spare

I had previously thought to use a splitter between two old Manhatton boxes where the Humax boxes now reside. As said they blew up after a short period of use.

[quote user="andyh4"]2 feeds to Sky +HD box

2 feeds to Humax 11008 box

2 feeds to ancient but still functioning Humax box from around 2004 vintage

2 feter us.eds spare

I had previously thought to use a splitter between two old Manhatton boxes where the Humax boxes now reside. As said they blew up after a short period of use.
[/quote]

You obviously enjoy your tele. I tend to do the majority of my tele viewing from t'internet via my laptop and headphones (ie. not deaf, but with todays slimline tvs, the poor diction of so many and 25 years of standing in front of a 1000 watt Marshall stack I do struggle with certain tone levels.) However, as we are having major refurb works carried out I thought it was a good opportunity to install media wiring for whom ever lives here after us.

If we relied on the Internet for TV we would still be downloading Dr Who Xmas special (that is that 2014 Xmas special).

We have one TV in the bedroom - watching the news first thing in the morning and if you are ill or out of sorts - one in the living room and one in the kitchen