Trésor the Dalmatian

I already put pictures of Trésor under "They need help in the Vaucluse".  This two/three year old Dalmatian needs a very loving home rapidly.  The girls who are trying to save him spent the afternoon with him and from the photos you can see what a soft, gentle charmer he is, he's adorable.  The patches on his hind legs are because he was bitten by another dog in the refuge.

He deserves a warm loving home before Christmas.  Anyone who is kind enough to give him one won't regret it, they will have a real "Trésor".

He is in the Vaucluse, but a co-voiturage can be organised to take him to you in another region.  The girls are desperately trying to save him.

Its breaking my heart looking at the photos I hope he gets a home, Id love him but have just rescued a lovely dog from the pheniox a few months ago to add to the the 12 cats and 6 dogs, is there any further developments as he's on his on his last chance so Ive heard it would be lovely for him to find a home before Xmas

Yes he makes me melt too.  I have been contacted from someone well known on the forum and am keeping my fingers crossed.  Thanks Lizzy.

However I learnt this afternoon, as yesterday they said there would not be any this week , that these two were to be put down at Niort tomorrow :

Ten year old  male "Prince"

and two year old female Pointer cross "Nenette"

I have managed to stop both by saying I would take Prince (well I had to do something!), though I don't know yet what I am gong to do with him, and they are finally willing to wait another week for La Belle Nenette.  Anyone want to offer her a home for Christmas, she's a beautiful dog.

Oh Christine another one to break my heart. As I have said so many times before,  I do wish I could do something to help but it is impossible at the moment. We have a very small place in the UK until we move here permanently. In fact, I am already worried enough that the toeing and froing is becoming  hard on my poor little dog at the moment. I really need to stay away from this thread but just can't help it. They are lovely, I do hope someone can save them.

I take it there is no news on Lip and Beanz and the others.[:(]

Well now it is organised I'll let everyone know - hopefully Trésor is coming to live with us after Xmas.  Our old dalmatian Rupert died in June and Kiri (sitting up in the photo) is lonely so we hope that Trésor will be a good pal for her.  Sadly, as we are going away, we can't fetch him until the New Year - but arrangements are being made for him to be castrated and learn English while he waits for us!!    He has had a horrid time - been severely attacked  at the refuge where he was by other dogs and apparently he is quite timid but sure Kiri will soon explain that while she IS the boss he is most welcome.  An unexpected Xmas surprise for us.  Looking forward to fetching him home.

Maggi

Cerise, that is wonderful news!  I am sure he will make you and your family very happy. He is such a handsome boy and not to mention lucky to have found such a wonderful home. Just a shame that he doesn't know yet what a wonderful life lies ahead of him. [:)]

[quote user="WJT"]Cerise, that is wonderful news!  I am sure he will make you and your family very happy. He is such a handsome boy and not to mention lucky to have found such a wonderful home. Just a shame that he doesn't know yet what a wonderful life lies ahead of him. [:)][/quote]

What?....let's see now. Getting castrated,spending Christmas in kennels...............and having to learn English!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![:-))]

Benjamin

English is not compulsory, but as Kiri is bi-lingual we don't want him to feel disadvanteged![:)]  Sorry about the unkindest cut - but I'm sure he'll get used to it and as people are (to put it mildly) a bit careless with their lady dogs in interesting conditions round here I think he'll be happier.  I'm sending him a present for Xmas and the delightful Swiss lady who is looking after him will give him lots of cuddles so not so bad as all that.  Really wish we could get him sooner but not fair to pick him up and then dump him in boarding kennels a few days later.  He really was for the chop pretty soon so guess he'll just think he is lucky to be having Xmas at all!!

I am so happy he is going to you cerise, I must admit I was watching his progress already having a liver spotted girl dally, I know how funny and great companions they are. Sadley our old german shepheard is on his last legs and we expect to lose him before the new year. So it wouldnt be fair at the moment to bring a new animal into the house.

I hope you both have many happy years together...........Good Luck [:D]   

Update on Nénette Lizzy.  [:)]

Prince and Nénette are now safe and Nénette has gone to a wonderful foster home until we can find a permanent home for her.

[IMG]http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a269/lavande/Nnette.jpg[/IMG]

She is one of those marvellous dogs you would like to keep.  You can see she has been very well brought up, lies in the car without moving about, is quiet, well behaved and clean in the house, fine and playful with other dogs.  She knows how to go up and down stairs, do as she's told, walks well on a lead, it's obvious she has known every day life with a family.  She's also very loving and even after one night it was hard to say goodbye and she didn't want to leave us either.  So if anyone wants a really great dog, don't forget two year old Nénette.