Anyone for Maxo, lovely German Sehpherd cross

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/maxo.jpg[/IMG]

Maxo was found and taken in by an English man near Thouars north Deux-Sèvres.  At first he was so pleased to be back in a house, he didn't want to go outside!  He has a lovely no faults character, clean in the house, very loving, great with children, an all round lovely pal.  He is very young, about twelve to eighteen months old.

All necessary ads have been put out to find his owners in vain.  Unfortunately the person who has been taking care of him will soon have to go over to England for health reasons and he would really like to find someone to offer a wonderful home to Maxo as soon as possible.

I often wonder how people name their dogs - this one doesn't look a bit like Jeremy Maxman........

He does look rather like one of the dogs on the Julian Clary latest prog (load of hokum, but if it gets these 8 dogs, and probably a few more, new homes, I'm all for it.)

Chrissie (81)

If only...if only.....

Max is a real beauty and if I had managed to get out of Japan and to my place in Ariege last year as I had planned I would not hesitate.  But  officialdom is keeping me  here  until July at the earliest.[:'(]

Coral-should be in ariege ...NOW!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I'd posted this already but maybe I sent it to Christine ,

Try again

Very Good News !!!!!

Very happily Maxo is going to be a farmboy as  of tomorrow and truly landed on his paws. His new mommy and friend are doing a round trip of 450 kms to fetch him . Heres part of their message

"could you please put something
on that site about him being a farmboy as of 22nd...he's probably the only
dog in France with a choice of 4 bedrooms....indoors,a wooden kennel
complete with baby mattress & blanket on the veranda,a bunkbed in a stone
shed with a new insulated roof & a stone built kennel totally refurbished.
It would be nice to update his progress for the interest of all those who
were so concerned for him. "

He's going to live with a doggy friend and go out accompanying his new mom while riding the horses

Safe trip tomorrow K & M  all the best

cally

Yes WJT, I quite fancied going myself too !  I tried to get a message through to the family, but apparently they preferred not to take the risk as they were not sure how we would behave in the car.

Anyway, they took Maxo which is the most important.  I have heard from John who was looking after him and he said the people immediately loved Maxo when they saw him and he is now back in his new home and he and the other family dog are great friends already.  I would also like to thank John for taking Maxo in when he needed someone and for looking after him all this time until the right home was found.

Yes absolutely a big thanks to John for giving him the best chance of a future and to Christine Animal for posting him here !!!

On this note there are a lot of refuges out there that need foster families to save animals from being euthanased or simply to ease overcrowding so anyone who is interested  in any dept I'll try and point you to your nearest centre

just need your dept no

Have a happy life Maxo

thanks new mommy and K for helping !