doggie wanted!

I am looking for a little, young, female doggie to sit on my lap and cuddle in front of the fire as my big 2 yr old Basque Sheepdog Rio thinks he's too grown up to kiss his mum any more. Any ideas? We live in Mauroux, near to Fumel, Lot. [:D]

There is a very friendly Jack Russell dog (neutered) with the SPA lady that Poorpaws deal with.  He is 11 years old and was left behind when his owners had to return to the UK for medical treatment.  So sad for him.

Lynda

(Just taken possession of 6 month old Border Collie from Poorpaws who would love to sit on my lap but she's a little on the big side!)

Hi Susie

I'm part of L'Europe des Levriers and I know of several dogs that need a forever home. However, before I put the feelers out what size are you looking for? Would you consider one that's whippet size? And what about a puppy? We have several pups ready for adoption from saturday and I can send you photo's if you wish?

Léa is a lovely girl and loves nothing more than a cuddle. She needs some training as she was rescued from hunters in Spain but she is only 2 years old so there's time for improvement. Please look on the link at her. She is really struggling in Paris as she needs to run and release all those tensions in her.

If you want further info about her or the pups please contact me

Regards

There's a lady with four beautiful collie cross pups looking for homes in the Pets forum, probably page two or three now. Don't know if she still has them, but they are georgeous - she emailed me pics. I'm unable to offer one a home myself, despite being sorely tempted - head beat heart! Just.

Not sure what sort of lap dogs they'd make, but having had collies in the past, mine certainly loved to be cuddled and fussed.

Good luck.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Magnolia - I'm hoping to find a nice little female to be a little sister to my HUGE basque sheepdog who is now far too big to get onto my lap, in fact his feet are on the floor when his tummy is on my lap. I really would like one quite tiny... and Rio is very friendly to all dogs especially small ones, who he takes under his wing. And thank you to everyone who is on the lookout for me. I've been on holiday so didn't want to make any decisions until our return so we can concentrate fully on giving the new doggie (when we get her) lots of love and attention. Susie. [:D]