I am not vegan, but...

Lou wrote:

"Josef Mengele was, arguably, if not misguidedly (and utterly wrongly, in my humble opinion), genuinely interested in "what happens if..." .  Let us pray that the actions of the so-called 'Master Race' are never repeated."

"Arguably, if not misguidedly .... genuinely interested in ...." - oh well, that's alright then if he was genuinely interested. I'm pleased to see that in your 'humble opinion' he was wrong, and I still find it offensive that you equate his, and others, actions on human beings the same as what happens in the abattoirs you have heard about.

Tegwini wrote:

"And, Cassis's link showed cows in a field with some silly humans - or whatever you chose to call them,  teasing the cows"

I have just re-looked at Cassis's clips and still can't see to what you are referring.

"Your comment about  eating monkeys etc I don't get that.    Not mentioned by me. An irrelevant comment I believe."

Not irrelevant at all, and not mentioned by yourself - but the clip originally referred to by Christine did show clips of monkeys and elephants while purporting to be explaining why the man became, and wants everyone else to become, a vegetarian/vegan.