finding new dog

Hi

This is one of my first posts on this forum [mainly due to my poor typing skills]but have been 'lurking for about three years!

I am moving over to France in june for good and would love to get a dog as soon as we arrive. Does anyone kow of any dog homes/rescue centres etc in or around my area [near the bottom of Normandy but in the Sarthe (72)].I would prefer a puppy due to the fact I have three young children and a cat 

Thankyou for any advice

Vicky.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!  Are there any such organistaions in Dept 17?  We are moving over soon and have promised our 4 year old a little dog - either a Dachshund or a small poodle (or puddle as shre calls them :-) )

Thanks, Sandra

• 2 weeks later...
[quote user="goodlife"]

Hi

This is one of my first posts on this forum [mainly due to my poor typing skills]but have been 'lurking for about three years!

I am moving over to France in june for good and would love to get a dog as soon as we arrive. Does anyone kow of any dog homes/rescue centres etc in or around my area [near the bottom of Normandy but in the Sarthe (72)].I would prefer a puppy due to the fact I have three young children and a cat 

Thankyou for any advice

Vicky.

[/quote]

We got our lovely caniche cross Buster from the Le Mans SPA over 3 years ago. Its a bit of a heart breaker so be prepared.

Best of luck!!!

You may also wish to consider adopting a dog from owners who for one reason or another give away their dogs.   It's free and you can find out all you wish to know about the dog's history and character, which can be unknown by a rescue centre. There are loads always available.

• 1 year later...