wanted small dog for nice elderly lady

Our friend  who is 70 years old  is heartboken as her little dog died a month ago she would love to replace him with another cant spell  this[8-)]chihuahua anyway, ! you get the idea! she has asked me to find one in the UK but surely someone must know of a French one - area 47 .

She stresses she does not want a puppy. I thought I would phone phoenix tomorrow- any ideas , please.

She has area totally fenced in , beautiful house the dog would be well looked after, treated her last one like a baby, .!Thankyou .Milkey.

Hi

Just found this ad on www.leboncoin.fr for a little daschund type who looks very cute and needs a home after being abandonned - might suit this lady ?

Petit teckel de 1 an - advert posted yesterday

Vous recherchez un petit chien, et bien voici Dinozzo, petit teckel de 1 an, déjà abandonné...et oui il n'y a pas d'age!!!!

Il se trouve dans un fourrière, il sera tatoué vacciné,non lof, et sera demandé 52 euros pour couvrir une parti des frais véto.

Dinozzo, est tout petit, il se demande bien se qu'il fait là...malheureusement la fourrière se remplis trop vite...il va faloir faire de la place!!!

Alors aidez le, adoptez le!!

he is in department  79 deux sevres

piggys

Thank you I will pass this on , it appears though I think that the dog indeed needs to be small not more than 5 kilo so she can take him on the plane to her visits to her old home in Belgium.

A very big thank you [:D]to Christine Animal for all information and phone numbers that I have also passed on .

After my phone call to Phoenix it will surfice to say how dissapointed I was with lack of interest and help from them. Forum rules fortunetly forbid me to say more. Milkey.

Piggys not that I can do anything but just looked at your link and it doesn't take you to the little abandoned dachshund you mentioned. Just takes you to the main page. Perhaps that is why Milkybarkid thought it may be a larger dog.

I think this may be the one if it goes straight to him    http://www.leboncoin.fr/vi/41215415.htm?ca=20_s

He must be in the fourrière of Thouars if anyone would like to get him out.

But he's too big for the lady concerned.  She wants a tiny one she can put easily in a bag, like a Chihuahua, mini York, etc. and a little older as she is seventy-five and prepared to have an older dog.

Thanks again but I did find him with a copy past  "Petit teckel de 1 an" in search on the actual page. Where theres a will ,there's a away .[:D] also I have spoken again with the lady and here desire is " a little dog of max 5 kilo" so she can take him every where she goes , including on the plane.! Milkey

Sorry, I didn't realise. Because I couldn't access I assumed it was a very small dachshund. In any case he is adorable so hopefully someone will see him soon.

Good luck Milkywaybar in finding the right little dog for her.

Mimi, that site should satisfy anyone looking for a small dog. You don't normally think about such small adorable dogs like this being abandoned and mistreated, it really has pulled at my heartstrings. [:(]

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Christine, I was going to post on forum the good news last night but the forum would not take my post!Today yes[:D]

Through some phone numbers I got  from  links you gave me  , the lady travelled on Friday to Libourne I think on the far side of Bordeaux to an animal rescue place where an  an elderly little poodle that had been abandoned in the street and picked up by police, it was love at first sight - poor women she left at 9 in the morning and only got home at 9 at night with her new friend . What I found strange is that the animal refuge  made her go to the vets with it and she paid for all its injections - as I understood her - it was obligatory otherwise she could not take the little dog! She is so happy with him she wants to find a little elderly friend for him!! How she is going to take 2 dogs on a plane I dont know! but I think now that she has company she does not want to visit Belgium anymore. I know she could not manage to travel to far as I think it frightened her the distance , but I will try and work out where this area is - preferable 47. Thank you.

What a great lady she is to have gone all that way for her little dog at her age.  What a wonderful story and an example.  I'm very happy for them both.

I was contacted for her about a little Shih Tzu girl in a refuge in Charente Maritime, seven or eight years old who was going to be put down tomorrow.  I would have taken her in, but luckily she was adopted yesterday.  If ever your friend is interested in the poor little Yorkie above and noone else has him, a "covoiturage" could be arranged to bring him down, it says in the thread that it would be accepted.