A big thankyou to Christine!!

The other day I intercepted  a posting about cocker spaniels, asking Christine about Dogue de Bordeaux Rescue here in France.

Well the result of this is that we have Charley, a cheeky chappie from SPA Moree who is now the dearest friend to our DDB and my OH's permanent shadow   [:D]   He is a wonderful dog, he still needs a bit of feeding-up but he has taken to country life like an old hand running about in the long grass and playing with our girl DDB Harley.    Its wonderful to see the joy on his baggy old face!

Thankyou Christine for making this possible !!!

What Framboise hasn't explained is the amazing story to this.  She contacted me about Dogue de Bordeaux Rescue as their Harley was missing her friend Ed, a great loss to the family.

So I had a look and what was the first Dogue de Bordeaux I found, a dog also called Harley (how many chances were there of that!) at the Morée refuge which I know as the Présidente, a wonderful woman I have known for several years helped me out with an elderly Afghan hound once, a wonderful refuge where there is really a great love of all the pets there.

So Harley Morée (now Charley) joined Harley Framboise and family yesterday and from what I hear it's as if he has really found his home, having great games with Harley Framboise as soon as they met, then relaxing with her in front of the telly.  It's a really wonderful and incredible story as if it was meant to be.

No Framboise, I thank you and all your lovely family and hope you will all be very happy together.  [kiss]

Such a huge coincidence that it was meant to be! They both look great together. What a lovely tale and don't we all love to hear of another happy ending.

Well done Framboise and Christine for making it happen.

I forgot to say well done to Christine as well! She has helped so many dogs and helped so many dogs and people come together, it is just incredible. [kiss][kiss] Framboise would love to see more photos of Charley in the future as he settles more, having said that it sounds as if he settled immediately. [:)]

• 1 year later...
[IMG]http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t285/moya011/IMG_1376.jpg[/IMG]

And here they are pictured this past summer.   See the difference in the timid skinny boy who came to us just over 18 months ago, the big chap standing behind Harley in the truck, and now with winter fast approaching he is the big fat fireguard, rather than the underweight, miserable boy who was dumped on an apartment balcony whatever the weather.    Its amazing what love can do isn't it?

Anyone who is thinking of adopting an animal can look at Charley to see what a difference a mere 18 months can do for an animal who felt nobody loved him.   If you can do likewise, I'd urge you to Go For It!!

The strange thing is that I went back to the Moree website earlier today and found Charley on their "adopted" chapter on page 10 under his original name of Harley.    With it were a photo of  this skinny boy  and his details..............................    it's actually his 6th birthday tomorrow!

Special treats for Charley tomorrow in honour of his birthday instead of end April which was the anniversary of his arriving here with us!!  He now has a birthday.

I must dig them out and have a look Christine but for whatever reason we didn't twig at the time.  Its was just rather bizarre that I found him on the website, then discovered his birthday was the following day!

He did have a nice birthday in front of the fire toasting himself followed by some stale fairy cakes that he and Harley thoroughly enjoyed.  Its a dog's life, although for some of them it is.   Right now the pair of them are firmly planted in front of the Godin snoring loudly.