follow-on to spa carcassonne

Hi Rowan/Christine and all you other wonders who help find rescue homes - I put out an appeal on AI for Carcassone spa and got the following two replies this evening after I told them all about William the Cocker spaniel today - tell me if you can find what these two people are after maybe, hopefully........ following two messages to me - hope they make sense after I copy and paste them ::

Hi

well done for all your hard work. We are currently looking for a puppy or young dog no older than 5 months, we are specifically looking for a doberman or similar. Maybe next time you are at the spa you could ask if they have a dog that we are looking for.

Thank you very much, and kind regards. I look forward to hearing from you.

I know this is a long shot, I have looked and decided if they ever have a small dog such as chiuaha or minature poodle or yorkie.

Then I can have a dog but I have a small garden. I have lots of love and attention for something on a small scale.

It is not possible for me to take a large one, I also need a breed that has hair instead of fur.

Call me a cynic but I'd want to know a lot more about someone wanting a young doberman, but then I have a very suspicious nature, they may be truly genuine...

The second person really wants a small dog that wont irritate her allergys, probably a poodle. That's more understandable. At least she is aware of her limitations.

Quite right to be suspicious and obviously there is a lot more to find out from such people - however my father rescued a young Doberman many years ago and after that we were so taken with the breed as a family that we would have certainly gone looking for another one to rescue at some point.  I am the same with Wolfhounds after having one for ten years..... but I can never turn away a Heinz 57 in need........ hence my present mottley crew! 

We have a poodle plus maybe a poodle/grifon cross. Plus on Monday we had 2 Yorkies brought in. Also we have what people are calling a Ratter...looks like a JR/Chihuaha cross to me.

Should I get more info on these?

Ref the doberman, no young ones of that type to my knowledge, but I will keep an eye out.

THANKS!

XXX

Hopefully I will be able to persuade my husband to visit the SPA at the weekend, we already have five dogs but I'm sure there's room for another small one.

I have a rescue who I acquired through Christine Animal and when I took her to the vets I asked what breed she was and I was told she was a ratter but to me she looks like a long haired chihuahua!

[quote user="louis"] I have a rescue who I acquired through Christine Animal and when I took her to the vets I asked what breed she was and I was told she was a ratter but to me she looks like a long haired chihuahua![/quote]

What sort of a vet do you have Louis?!   [:D]

She's a Papillon!          http://www.completefrance.com/cs/forums/1463204/ShowPost.aspx

Papillons

Yes, I'm sure there would be room for another little one.    [:P]