SOS - Urgent Foster Home Needed for 2 Afghan/Borzoi Crosses

[quote user="Merlin"]I saw these two dogs on the Phoenix Association

site at least a month ago - bit puzzled as to how it all went so wrong

for Uni as they explicitly say they NEVER let dogs be put down....... I

am assuming they never actually HAD the dogs so am confused as to why

they had them on there?  I have had dogs off them and would like to

think my trust in them has not been compromised in any way as I often

recommend them to people....  [/quote]

As I understand it just from reading the discussion on TotalFrance, Phoenix did not have the dogs; the dogs were still with the owner.

Obviously I cannot say whether you saw the photos on the Phoenix site a month ago - perhaps you remember similar dogs? - but whatever the case with the photos, you must be sure of your facts before you suggest that there could be trust issues with one of these rescue centres. They do phenomenal work, often funded out of the participants' own pockets so to surmise (in print, in a public forum) that there might be a problem when you know you do not have all the facts would be unfair and unkind and just plain wrong.

Thank you Christine for taking Porche in - I shall never understand why the owner made the decision she did without recourse to Greyhound Gap but at least Porche will now be saved.

I hope she enjoys the rest of her life.

Anne

Catalpa - I am not in any way inferring that there is a problem with Phoenix - actually I have a great deal of time for them and support them financially whenever I can - we got three of our dogs off them!  I DID however see the two dogs in question on their list of dogs for adoption with a telephone number of a lady to get in touch with if anyone was interested - no question that they were these dogs as it gave their names and the photographs were the same as the ones posted on here - no mistake there.  Interestingly the pictures were removed only the day that Uni was put to sleep as when I read what had happened on here I went immediately to look.  I was concerned to know what had happened, NOT because I felt that there was anything untoward to do with Phoenix - though I admit I worded it badly!  I was simply curious to know why Phoenix had had them 'advertised' for at least three weeks and yet what happened happened when I know that Sheelagh and Richard would NEVER have let that happen had they know it might and yet they were clearly involved with the dogs at some point!  It's only right that you should leap to their defence - quite so and I apologise if I gave the wrong impression.  I am very relieved to know that Christine has stepped in to take Porche and that now puts an end to this regrettable tale.

[quote user="Merlin"]It's only right that you should leap to their defence - quite so and I apologise if I gave the wrong impression.  [/quote]

No probs, Merlin. [:)] I just thought that someone casually browsing might have got the wrong impression.

This all sounds very odd. I also saw these dogs on the Phoenix site, and their plight was also highlighted on a donkey forum I belong to as one of the other members heard about them through Greyhound Gap -so there has been very good publicity about them. it seems very strange that one dog was PTS so suddenly.

Got her.  She's absolutely delicious.

[IMG]http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a363/Bechamel/Porche2.jpg[/IMG]

There will always be such a sad side to this story, but I am very, very happy (and lucky) to have the divine Porche.

She is so well behaved, as gentle and sweet as she is beautiful, I love her dearly already.

Oh Christine she looks beautiful and so relaxed already - poor thing she must wonder what happened to Uni......as you say, a happy ending tinged with a sadness that will always be there.  Great that you've got her and she will now be safe and secure.  Have a lovely day!