Sampson

Sampson is a very well behaved three year old labrador type. He's tattooed, vaccinated and his owner is happy to pay for him to be neutered.  His owner is needing to return to London in three weeks for some serious hospital treatment and for an indeterminate stay.  Sampson has been looked after by various people in recent weeks but his owner now knows the score regarding his health and realises that Sampson is going to need a new and caring home with people who people who will love him and make him part of the family which he richly deserves.  He's excellent with all other dogs and farm animals - he's scared of cats and birds!  He was a rescue pup from Carcassonne I believe and has proved to be very easy to train as he now comes immediately when off the lead in response to a whistle or call, waits for the command to eat his food and is without fault in the house and car - indeed a lovely all rounder.  He loves lots of affection and is super good with children.  He doesn't have much time as his owner has to be in London by the end of the month.  Can anyone help him please?  this is the first time I've managed to download pictures without swearing!  Let's hope it's a good omen for Sampson!

[IMG]http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab161/squarepeg2010/002.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab161/squarepeg2010/001.jpg[/IMG]

Maybe if he were to get him castrated he would have a better chance. That way even if he does end up in a SPA (not Carcassonne, please), he would be able to share his box with either a male or female and so not cause the death of another dog in order to make room.

Let's just get going on the ones you think will be the easiest/more likely to appeal (I know we love them all but you know what I mean) and that are at risk of course.  Whom ever we manage to find a home for will mean one less near the top of the list n'est pas? I am going to go and have a look at how I might get on this guy's webpage when I have a moment later today.

Hey!  Looks like Sampson will have a home!  Lovely lady who works for the Hope Association contacted me through Sue at Poorpaws and says there is a family really interested in having him provided he gets on with their two other dogs - they have just lost their old labrador and Sampson really took their fancy.  So I have my fingers crossed that things will work out of the next few days - will tell the ending when I know it!

Sampson went to his new home with a kind English couple over the week-end and is just loving it!  He has found a new friend and they play together all day long!  He's been a good boy as we expected so his owner can now leave for London with a light heart knowing that Sampson is happy and will have a lovely life.