spa torreilles

Hi, if there is any body in the perpignan area thinking of adopting a dog or cat please go and look at the spa at torreilles. Some of the dogs have been there over 2 years.I went a couple of weeks ago and adopted a dog and then went back meaning to adopt the dog who was in the same cage as her, ( and has been there 3 years!!), my daughter had other ideas and a cross pekinois broke her heart ( literally!) we had to take her there and then . The dog couldn't be seperated from her lifelong companion, their owner had died and the son didn't want them . at the ages of 13 and 10 they ended up at the spa . I paid just 20 euros to adopt all 3 as they were considered sauvetage ( although I was expecting to pay more) , so please go and  have a look if possible.

Lisa, A couple of months ago you were looking for a new home for your daughters' two dogs. One, Shrek was re-homed and you were still looking for a solution for the other, Belle. Was your daughter able to finally keep her?

Having read your previous posts regarding your daughter's dogs, I am a little confused about Shrek. You said in August that he was 'sorted' but yet in December you were still looking to rehome him. I hope he did not end up in the S.P.A.

I had Shrek on my site to re-home and passed him round to other people like Poorpaws and Hope also.  ..... I was told he no longer needed a home because your daughter was keeping him???  I am puzzled also and would like to know what became of him?

don't worry he didn't end up at the spa, a friend of hers looks after him and she has him on occasions, she still lives in the flat but they are moving soon  to something bigger so he will move back in with them permanently. Belle was a lot calmer so she kept her in the flat where as shrek needs a lot of exercise. She really wanted to keep them both and tried to find a way of doing this which has worked out quite well. She is happy that she gets to keep them both and that they are managing now financially which is a relief . (for them and the parents!) I have taken the old alsation as he has a lot of health issues which require vets fees ( which was not helping them) and the 2 males were fighting , he is perfectly happy here . I had to have my 3 oldies ( aged 14,15 and 16) put down during the course of last year and decided a couple of weeks ago to have a look at the spa to adopt another  dog. Ended up adopting 3 oldies.

Lisa, that is very good news, particularly for those three lucky oldies.

I hate making comments like that and jumping to conclusions but if it wasn't asked perhaps some (me [:$]) would be thinking it and it was a very sad thought. So happy to hear that things have worked out and thank you so much for clarifying. Would love to see some photos of the lucky three.[:)]

that's ok, didn't think to say I had 2 daughters!! I would never have let shrek go to the spa and now they are finally getting sorted it means that they can keep him. I felt so sorry for all those dogs at the spa and when I went the first time it was only for one , but what can you do when the 5 year old is literally crying her eyes out and saying that we have to take the old dog home with us straight away? Just couldn't leave the other one either as they had spent all their lives together.  Just looking at the health books with their photo on the front you can tell that they were well loved ( and pamapered!) dogs. I have now made it clear to my kids that if anything happens to us they look after all my animals or I will haunt them for the rest of their lives!! will try and put some pictures on during the week.